29 March 2011

Change of plans

Last night Chase began talking to me about what I want to do with my life. I told him I wanted to be a stay at home mom and be creative all day. He then asked me why I am going to school for physical therapy. I realized I had no idea! I can't be a stay at home mom and do physical therapy.. I mean yeah they make good money but my heart was not in it. So he suggested interior design. I complained that its more about architecture than anything else, I had thought about this before but ruled it out and I couldn't draw.. But for some reason I got really excited about it and began looking at major maps for interior design. At first I became pretty discouraged. It was looking like only 7 of my classes would transfer, making me a year behind schedule. But I was really feeling this interior design thing so I kept looking for more options.
Then I found design management. This degree is more broad than interior design and is good for design and event planning and ohh my gosh planning weddings is a dream of mine! Plus every single one of my classes transfers. (I Caused quite a scene in my class when I figured this one out...) so I am only 3 courses behind schedule and summer school can fix that right up. Coincidence? I think not! I am so excited to start my new adventure! And I'm grateful for my husband knowing me better than I know myself. Loves.

2 comments:

Amy Schweitzer said...

Erika! You would be the best wedding planning/ interior designer ever! Your reception was a DREAM! I will totally hire you! :)
Oh. and I love your blog!!

Kristin said...

ooh! You will be so good at that! :) Yay Chase for pushing you to go for it. Supportive husbands rock. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...