02 April 2012

baby baby

You guys! You all rock. Thank you all for the sweet words and the many congrats yesterday and today. We are really feeling the love and are beyond excited, though it is still a little bit surreal.

This is pretty much the reason ive been so MIA the past little bit. Its like beyond impossible to blog when you have such a big secret that you want to share soo badly! I wanted to wait till I was showing to do a post but I recently found out that I might not show until almost 20 weeks because I'm so tall and there was no way I was gonna stay away from the lovely blog world another 4 months.
Plus, baby making is hard work. Ive had quite a few down days these past almost three months. Big tshirts and saltine crackers are so not picture worthy! Plus I'm like 100x more awkward now (is that possible?) Ill be sure to fill y'all in on the awesomeness that goes with having a little person growing and squishing your insides.

Now for some details: were about 10 weeks along. One fourth of the way there! This makes babe due around the end of October. It feels forever away but at the same time right around the corner. I'm gonna be a mom guys! Baby is almost two inches tall right now. So the size of a small cutie or plum. I am seriously so excited to finally start showing. I'm trying to do all I can to stay healthy and ensure this little cutie is growing and developing like intended. I haven't gained any weight yet but I'm mentally preparing for the day I wake up and none of my pants fit and I totally feel like a toad. Gosh I cannot wait.

For those of you who have not seen what a baby looks like the first few weeks after conception is in for a lovely surprise one day... because it looks more like a little alien than a baby. Its kinda creepy. Babes have fins before the hands and feet form and they have a tail, A TAIL, until like 11 weeks. Dude its like crazy up in there.

Lastly, we are definitely finding out what the gender is. We're thinking girl at this point, along with pretty much everyone else that we know. 5ish weeks and we will know for sure. Im crossing my fingers he/she has red curls like Chase... eeee grow baby grow.

7 comments:

Lauren Rebecca said...

Awww Congrats! That is such wonderful news! Babies are the best thing in the world....


xo
Lauren

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Yay!!!!!!!! So thrilled for you!

Heather said...

AWW! <3 Congratulations! How exciting!

The Merrills said...

Erika!! I haven't talked to you in like forever but I stumbled upon your blog one day! And just read that you are expecting!! Woohoo! That is so exciting! We will be having babies at about the same time! Our little bean is due October 1st! You look great! Hope you feel better soon! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Noooooo way! Oh my gosh! This is amazing.. I will follow your blog till the very end. Erika, with your blogging personality, I know you're going to be a great mom. Can't wait to see all your updates!

Katelyn said...

Congratulations! I'm so so so SO happy for you guys!

katelyn-innervision.blogspot.com

- Katelyn

Nicole said...

Congrats!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...