23 October 2012

Almost.

I am due in a week and a half but was up all night with contractions. I always had a feeling this babe would be early. It's now 7:15 am and I have already showered and eaten a bowl of cereal. Pretty sure its gonna be today. My contractions are pretty random at this point, and I can still function through them so I think I have a while. Yesterday at my doctors appointment I was dilated 1.5 and 80% effaced. The past few days I have been noticing that my body is changing and preparing to deliver this baby. How amazing is it that we get to bring a brand new little lives into this world? Its probably the best, scariest, most awesome thing ever! I cannot wait to hold this little girl and cuddle up with her dad and enjoy this precious little life we have created. Its true that you realize how much you love your husband when you see how sweet he is with your kids. Shoot my kiddo isn't even here yet and Chase is already the best dad in the world. Im spoiled and am so excited to see him in full dad mode once beeb arrives. Now we just need to agree on a name.......

Its now 8:15pm. We went to the hospital at about 3 after having contractions less than five minutes apart for two hours. They checked me, 90% effaced and dilated 1.5. So they sent me a walking. After an hour they checked again and with no progress made they sent me home. So here I sit, contractions three minutes apart with no end in sight. Thank heavens for New Girl and Pretty Little Liar, but even with those distractions I still really want to punch myself in the uterus. Here's to a lovely night and hoping for a babe by morning.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

YAY! Come on baby! Good luck Erika! You're going to do great. Can't wait to see pictures. I will be praying for you constantly until I hear the WONDERFUL news! :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...