11 February 2011

{insert post title heere}

yay for my sucky weeek finally being over and let me tell you it was terrible.
wanna hear about it? okay gooood.
monday night my back started hurting (which, sad to say, is pretty normal now) so i went to bed. tossed and turned all night. at about two am i told chase the bad news, i had a bladder infection. or a UTI. i get them quite often.. its just annoying. then tuesday morning i was still in pretty bad pain. SO i took a hydrocodone and went about my daily business. luckily last class was cancelled and i didnt have work. So i got to my parents about 1(also luckily). But by this time my back was killing me. i wont go into details here but ill just say there were a few swear words and lots of pacing back and forth. by the time my mom got home it was 2:30 and i knew i needed the hospital. last may i got a horrible kidney infection and boy oh boy was it back.
(sorry this is gonna get long, ill shorten)
so we waited in the ER for 6 hours. while people with low fevers and headaches were being treated before me. i probably sound like such a whiner but when im in a ball on the ER floor crying and almost passing out because i cant breathe oh and throwing up every time i move because the pain is so great. and they are helping this perfectly calm lady with no visible symptoms before me... i might get a little feisty. its probably a good thing i couldnt move. 
{ps husband and parents were pretty much the bomb during this}
when they finally got me into a bed in the ER they gave me some pain meds and nausea medicine i felt so much better! So 1 am the doctor comes in and tells me i can go home and let my kidney drain..... 
okay rewind to last may when the same thing happened...
i was in the hospital 3 days while they used antibiotics to try and drain the infection. they then realized my kidney has scar tissue and cannot drain on its own. finally they did a surgery where they put a stent in to drain my kidney and i was fine to go home the next day. now they are telling me to go home and it will fix itself? ya right. i knew i wasnt okay to go home and so did they. they were just too full to try and get me a room.
back to present. 
we had the doctor compare the difference between this and last time. turns out the only difference was last time it was significant and this time it was only moderate. finally they admitted me. but they didnt have a room for me so i was at the end of a hall next to a lady that cried all the time and threw up to violently. i thought she was dying. turns out she had a minor kidney infection.... 
so finally wednesday evening they got me into my own room! That night i weened off the morphine and started taking percocet. which didnt make me as drowsy and lasted much longer.
{ps all this time i havent been eating because im either nauseous from pain or pain meds.. go figure}
Then thursday came around and starting at 7am i was doing tests. ultrasounds, xrays, ct scans the works. everytime i would start to fall asleep or get comfortable someone else would come in and wheel me to another room for more testing. Thursday evening my Dr came in and let me know they needed to do a stent. (SHOCKER) so thursday night at 11 i was on the official fast for my surgery that would be happening the next morning at 7. yay. then at 2:30am my percocet wore off & i was given morphine which lasts 3 hours but can only be given every 4. so 6 oclock rolled around and i was rolled down to preop with my back killing. In preop, my nurse was a sweetheart. but anesthesiologist however was a pooop. he was very late and got quite feisty when i told him i needed nausea meds with pain killers. me, being highly medicated and in a pretty nasty amount of pain, began to cry. he was nicer after that.
to make a long story shorter: surgery went great. im home. & im starving.

ps i have the best husband ever. he stayed with me the whole time, slept every night on the horrible chair, and always helped me when i had to go to the bathroom. he is seriously the greatest ever and i could not be more blessed to have such a sweet and loving man as my husband!

1 comment:

Auntie Em said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry you have had such a rough go as of late. Hopefully you are on the road to recovery, in the fast lane. <3 and Hugs + cranberry juice by the barrel sent your way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...